Today's Agenda 1. Hand in Egg Drop Design Brief with Rubric stapled to the top.
2. Get in groups of no more than three.
3. Come up with criteria for a video game console.
4. Compare three older model video games (Nintendo, PlayStation 1, Wii) using the criteria and a decision matrix.
5. As a group, design a new video gaming system that combines the good parts of all three of the older designs.
6. Use the Video Game Design Brief to write down details of new design.
Homework: Big Science and Engineering Test Friday!!!
Learning Goals for the Week: 1. Demonstrate ABOVE AVERAGE work and BEST EFFORT. 2. Discover the basic concepts of engineering and compare to science. 3. Identify criteria and constraints outline in the problem. 4. Compare several designs to choose the best parts of each. 5. Combine the good parts of several designs to develop a better one. 6. Design, test, and modify a device based on criteria and constraints of problem. 7. Use a decision matrix to compare designs. Were You Absent??? 1. Review how to use a Decision Matrix. Test Friday